HIV PEP (post exposure prophylaxes) is an emergency HIV treatment. It is definitely not a cure for HIV but just a form of prevention. It stops HIV from becoming a lifelong infection. But as prevention is better than cure therefore, it is highly important to keep a deep eye on HIV symptoms. These symptoms are divided in two main categories i.e. early stage HIV symptoms and progressive HIV symptoms. Let’s have a quick look at them;
Early Stage HIV Symptoms:
- Low Grade Fever: The sufferer can show a constant low grade fever in the early stage of the infection.
- Headaches: He can also suffer headaches without any apparent reason.
- Rashes: Sudden appearance of rashes on skin is a common HIV symptom of an early age infection.
- Chills: It is very common for a HIV victim to have chills and colds without flu.
- Sore Throat: Another common symptom is sore throat.
- Night Sweats: The patient can also experience night sweats.
- Fatigue: The sufferer usually complains about feeling body fatigue without doing any hard work.
- Muscle Aches: Muscle aching is also an easily found symptom in HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: The patient can also have swollen lymph nodes.
- Mouth Ulcers: Not every but many HIV victims suffer from mouth ulcers.
Progressive HIV Symptoms:
- Rapid Weight Loss: The HIV patients suffer sudden, rapid weight loss in the progressive stage of the disease.
- Extreme and Unexplained Tiredness: The sufferer also feels acute tiredness without any shown cause.
- Recurring Fever: The fever keeps on coming back and the patient can’t take it down.
- Diarrhea Lasting More than a Week: Many HIV victims experience painful diarrhea lasting for more than a week every time.
- Sores of the Anus, Genitals and Mouth: Sudden appearance of sores at the genital area, anus and within mouth of the patient is a common HIV symptom of the progressive infection growth.
- Pneumonia: The early stage chills and cold will develop in to a progressive pneumonia.
- Blotches on or under the skin of mouth, nose and eyelids: These blotches are red, brown, pink or purplish in color and can be painful.
- Memory Loss: The sufferers may also experience memory loss on the last stages of the infection.
- Depression: All these progressively painful symptoms depress the sufferer and he drowns into deep anxiety.
- Other neurological Disorders: Depending on the health of brain the sufferer may also experience some other neurological disorders too.
It is nerve racking to take HIV Test but it is important for you and the people living around you because you are contagious even if you are not showing any HIV symptoms during its early stage and thus can infect other people around you by exchange of bodily fluids. It is good to be smart, stay safe yourself and protect others around you by visiting a HIV clinic well within time.
Read more in our post here: http://www.kenthealthyschools.org/when-do-hiv-symptoms-require-a-trip-to-the-emergency-room/